We took a camping trip up to Cable, Wisconsin last week. Well, if you consider staying in a fully furnished cabin "camping"...which I do. Our group hauled 8 four wheelers, a side by side utility vehicle and our boat up north and had a grand time playing around and sitting around, eating smors, staying up later and drinking more than usual. I packed way too much, as usual, considering I pretty much wore the same sweatshirt every day. We were right on Garden Lake off of Lake Namakagon. The fall turnover happened the day after we got there and it was gross and smelly but then fine again. Lots of loons, two golden eagles and a kingfisher and I swear we heard coyotes. It was Jesse and I and our friends and their kids and then some of their relatives. Lots of kids. Lots of running and screaming and yelling and punching and crafting and wiping of faces and forgetting to put shoes on and a whole heap of ignoring the word no. And kids get up early, so good thing we had a door on our bedroom. And by door, I mean curtain. And by bedroom I mean a queen size bed in a closet. But isn’t that what camping is all about? Being uncomfortable and dirty and loving every minute of it? Good times.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Cable Camping
We took a camping trip up to Cable, Wisconsin last week. Well, if you consider staying in a fully furnished cabin "camping"...which I do. Our group hauled 8 four wheelers, a side by side utility vehicle and our boat up north and had a grand time playing around and sitting around, eating smors, staying up later and drinking more than usual. I packed way too much, as usual, considering I pretty much wore the same sweatshirt every day. We were right on Garden Lake off of Lake Namakagon. The fall turnover happened the day after we got there and it was gross and smelly but then fine again. Lots of loons, two golden eagles and a kingfisher and I swear we heard coyotes. It was Jesse and I and our friends and their kids and then some of their relatives. Lots of kids. Lots of running and screaming and yelling and punching and crafting and wiping of faces and forgetting to put shoes on and a whole heap of ignoring the word no. And kids get up early, so good thing we had a door on our bedroom. And by door, I mean curtain. And by bedroom I mean a queen size bed in a closet. But isn’t that what camping is all about? Being uncomfortable and dirty and loving every minute of it? Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, all that yelling and screaming and getting up early...REALLY makes you want to have kids doesn't it? Not sure if I thought through my decisions very carefully...I don't remember what it's like to sleep more than 5 hours a night!
Katie
Post a Comment